I am absolutely amazed at the sweet baby boy sleeping in my lap as I type. This time last year, a baby was a thought we were entertaining in our minds. Now he sleeps. A beautiful reality.
A lot in our lives has changed with the entrance of this little guy.
I used to go to bed like clockwork between 10 and 10:30 each night.
Now I am popping in a movie around that time holding a very alert baby who has no interest in sleep whatsoever.
I used to be able to handle multiple tasks at once: the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, bathrooms
Now it takes an hour to load and unload the dishwasher, several days to fold one load of laundry, all day to clean a bathroom and I don’t remember what vacuuming feels like now.
All because of this sweet baby boy resting in my newly acquired mommy lap.
And. It’s. Wonderful.
So. Although I love blogging and hope to continue to share our journey with all interested, I may be a little distracted with the addition of this sweet piece of heaven who is one month old today.
One Month Highlights:
- During tummy time, Dominic can raise his head for a few seconds at a time.
- He has already managed to roll over twice.
- He has been gurgling syllables from the time he entered this world. I imagine he’ll be talking in no time!
- He smiles and has laughed once
- He’s not much of a spitter-upper-er for which I am thankful
- He’s growing…he’s still in newborn clothing but I imagine not for long
Life is indeed beautiful!