Thanks for visiting! I hope you like what you see. If you’d like to read more content, you can check out my new website. The ME TOO! Community
Almost three years ago, I was introduced to the music of an artist who is now my absolute favorite children’s musician ever and quite honestly one of my favorite music artists of all time in any genre. So when I was given the opportunity to not only gain access to Yancy’s latest album EARLY but also give one away to my readers, I was E-C-S-T-A-C-T-I-C!!!!*
Here’s the Top Five Reasons why we love Yancy’s music and why we’ve already fallen in love with Taste and See.
5. My kids enjoy listening to it and so do I! With three children ages 4, almost 2 and 4 weeks old I am going to hear plenty of preschool classics like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Mary Had a Little Lamb and so on for the next five years at least! It’s nice to have something that I and my children both enjoy that is so fun!
4. The music is easy to learn and memorable. From someone who has led children’s worship for over 10 years, finding music for preschoolers is NOT easy!! They need music that is fun and lyrics that are simple. Most options for preschoolers are either hard to listen to or the lyrics are just too complicated for them. But not this music. You love the sound and know the lyrics before the song is even halfway over! One of my favorites on the new album is Stop and Go!
Stop and Go!
Stop and Go!
Stop and Go!
Stop and listen to what God says.
Go and do what he tells you to do.
These lyrics are so easy to pick up and making up motions are a piece of cake! Can’t you just see how much fun a preschooler would have saying stop and go? And how quickly they would pick up on the lyrics?
3. This music is written with Preschoolers in mind. I honestly can think of zero contemporaries to Little Praise Party. Preschoolers like to clap, march, shout, whisper, wiggle, jump and rock their air guitars. Taste and See gives plenty of opportunities for all of these preschool favorites!
2. It has a great message: How about these lyrics:
One, two, three, four,five, six, seven
Days a week
I can always count on God
This is the kind of message I want to instill into all three of my children and I can use this music to help me!
1. The music lingers in your heart and mind long after the song is over. One of my son’s favorite songs from a previous album is 1-2-3 Jesus is Alive. He sings this song all the time. About six months ago, we were at a baseball game and my darling little boy started singing at the top of his lungs:
1-2-3, Jesus is alive.
He died for you and me
but on day three
Jesus rose again
Jesus is alive.
What amazing words for him to not only have in his heart but to also proudly proclaim to all who will listen. That’s the kind of message I want my son carrying around in his heart always.
I love all things Yancy and I know you will too. Within the first 10 seconds of the first song, Super Wonderful, my 4 year old exclaimed how much he liked the song! I think your preschooler will have the same reaction. On top of some of the most amazing music you will ever hear,Yancy also has these amazing animated music videos that compliment each song. My son loves these!! He loves to watch and dance along.
Check out these beautiful screenshots from the videos!
And now the fun part!!!
I am giving away one copy of this amazing album to one lucky reader!
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED! BUT if you enjoyed this post, you can read more inspiring content HERE!
Here’s how you can enter the drawing. You can do one or all of these things. Each one increases your chances of winning this fabulous album!!
- Comment on this blog.
- Like my brand spanking new Facebook Page here.
- Follow this blog.
- Follow me and tweet a link to this post and include my twitter handle @pattyparker
- Post to Instagram a pic of how you would use this album (ie, a pic with your kids, your church small group etc) and be sure to tag lifeizbeautyful
So you could possibly have your name in my hat 5 times if you do all of the above. Or just do one of them. Good luck! The contest will be open until midnight (central time) on Friday February 6th and I’ll announce the winner first thing Saturday morning!
Of course there will be only one winner and I really do hope it’s you but even if it is not, I strongly urge you to make this investment in your preschooler. The cd’s are reasonably priced and there are also cd/dvd combos for use at home or in your car! If you are in children’s ministry they have great deals for church use as well. As you can see I can’t say enough awesomeness about this new album. But in the words of Reading Rainbow, “don’t take my word for it”. Check it out yourself! Click here to watch a video preview!
Want to know more about Yancy’s stuff? Check out my blog post I wrote about Yancy’s Lullaby CD here!
*affiliate link- if you use this link and make a purchase, I get a little something too. Pretty neat huh : )
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!
THANK YOU FOR READING AND PARTICIPATING!!!